- Sports medicine
- General practice
Dr Karthik Badrinath is passionate about providing expert musculoskeletal care for all injuries, including sports concussion.
He is currently the team doctor for AFL team the Adelaide Crows and has previously worked for the Adelaide United Soccer Club, Norwood Football Club and Woodville West Torrens Football Club. Dr Badrinath completed a physiotherapy degree at the University of South Australia in 2009 and went on to study medicine at Flinders University, finishing his medical degree in 2013. After working within hospital orthopaedic units for a couple of years, Dr Badrinath realised his passion for non-operative musculoskeletal medicine and attained his Fellowship in General Practice in 2018. Wanting to further his knowledge, Dr Badrinath is currently undertaking a second fellowship in Sports and Exercise medicine.
Being a qualified physiotherapist and medical doctor gives Dr Badrinath a unique perspective – he enjoys working with physiotherapists, podiatrists and exercise physiologists to provide wholistic treatment to acute and chronic sports and musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr Badrinath is available for consultation at our Stepney Healthcare Hub. To make an appointment, contact 08 8362 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AFL Medical Officer Association
- South Australian Sports Medicine Association
- Royal Australian College of General Practice
- Australasian College of Sport Physicians
Awards & Achievements
- Richard Taunton Southwood Prize for Orthopaedic Research, Flinders University, 2013
- Australian Orthopaedic Association undergraduate workshop, Flinders University representative, 2013
- University Merit Award, University of South Australia, 2009
- University Merit Award, University of South Australia, 2008
- Chancellor’s Letters of Commendation, University of South Australia, 2007
- Merit Award – Mathematical Studies, 2005
- Watching and playing all types of sport
- Watching movies
- Spending time with family