We are delighted to welcome our new Foot and Ankle Surgeon Dr Thomas Fisher to sportsmed. Dr Fisher joins our team in November 2021 and is consulting from our Foot and Ankle Clinic at our Stepney Healthcare Hub in Adelaide.
Dr Fisher is Adelaide trained in Orthopaedics and Fellowship trained in Sydney, Australia. He is experienced in preventative care, treatment and rehabilitation for a range of foot and ankle ailments, injuries and conditions.
Dr Fisher’s interests include:
- Ankle arthritis
- Total ankle replacement
- Minimally invasive (keyhole) foot surgery including bunion correction and plantar fascia release
- Sporting injuries of the ankle including ligament injuries, recurrent instability, and osteochondral lesions of the talus
- Fractures and dislocations of the ankle and foot
- Lower limb deformity correction
- Neuropathic pain management and peripheral nerve surgery
- Management of amputation-related problems
- Lower limb osseointegration.
Dr Fisher consults and operates alongside fellow Foot and Ankle Surgeon Dr Anthony Nguyen, and our podiatrists, as part of our dedicated foot and ankle clinic service at Stepney.
Dr Fisher treats private health members, uninsured, workers’ compensation, third-party and DVA patients. All private health funds are welcome at sportsmed.
They join an industry-leading healthcare provider with a private orthopaedic hospital and specialist clinics across a number of locations. Our practitioners are focused on delivering the best patient care and experience at every step, a motivation that has been driving our organisation for more than 30 years.