Written by sportsmed Podiatrist, Hayley Openshaw.
When people think about City to Bay preparation, or any running preparation for that matter, having the right footwear is always high on the list. But have you ever considered your sock selection as part of your running prep?
As we draw closer to this year’s City to Bay, let’s take a look at the features you should be looking for in an ideal running sock and some of my top picks currently on the market!
Features to look for
With so many socks on the market, it’s hard to know what to look for!
But the ideal running sock should include:
- Conforming material
- Anti-blister technology
- Seamless finish
- Padded zones under the heel and ball-of-foot
My top sock picks
The padding in these socks is second-to-none, with cushioning under both the heel and forefoot!
- Feetures Elite Light Cushion (no show tab): Ultra thin material construction for minimal fill within running shoes
- Balega Hidden Contour: Soft cushioning throughout the entire base reduces shock for ultimate comfort
- Steigen Quarter Length: Wow-factor colourful designs! And compressive thin design with breathable mesh for improved airflow
- Injinji Run Original Weight (no show): Running toe socks with an anti-blister focus, preventing friction and hotspots.
Want to talk all things feet?
If you’d like more tips on how to prepare for the City to Bay or would like to improve your running performance in general, make an appointment with one of our Podiatrists
sportsmed Podiatrists are available for appointments at our Stepney Healthcare Hub, as well as our Morphett Vale, Blackwood, Henley Beach and Mitcham branches. To make an appointment or enquiry contact 08 8310 1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org