For athletes looking to maximise their physical and mental performance and reach the next level in their chosen sport, look no further than sportsmed’s new nine week Performance pathway program.
Spearheaded by our Head of Strength and Conditioning, Tom Savidge, the Performance pathway program has been cultivated through his many years of experience in elite, professional sporting environments and mirrors similar programs he has implemented across Australia and overseas.
Completely athlete-centred, the Performance pathway program gives developing athletes access to the resources that have previously only been available to those at a professional level.
What makes the program so unique is the combination of knowledge and expertise from several disciplines, all integral to physical preparation and peak performance. This multi-disciplinary team is comprised of some of the most sought-after professionals in the region working at the elite level within strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, sports psychology and physiotherapy.
The program utilises a blend of gym and pitch-based programming to allow athletes the ability to transfer their gym developments to the pitch, as well as maintain and develop speed and agility. This format combined with Tom’s experience in building contact confidence ensures athletes are as robust as possible to keep them in the sport for longer.
Who is the Performance pathway program for?
You don’t need to be an elite athlete to access this elite program. The Performance pathway program is for anyone who has the desire and drive to improve their physical and mental performance in their chosen sport. Whether you’re aiming to go pro, compete at a state or national level or reach a higher grade in your local competition – this program is for you.
There are two age groups currently available, with 12 places in each:
- 13-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
The Gold program includes:
- Nine weeks of physical training, comprising of:
- Two x gym sessions per week to develop movement competency, learn to train and load safely and with correct techniques, individually set goals within a tailored program and learn pre-hab exercises to prevent unnecessary injuries
- One x pitch training session per week to transfer the capacities and movement abilities built in the gym onto the field and build speed, agility, mechanics and confidence through contact preparation work
- Physio drop-in service available before each gym session
- Group sports nutrition education session every three weeks
- 20% discount on 1:1 sports nutrition services
- Group sports psychology education session, focusing on resilience, visualisation and growth-mindset
A Silver program is also available, which comprises two training sessions per week (one gym and one field) plus all other aspects of the full program.
When and where are the training sessions?
Training sessions will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the following times:
|13 – 15 years old
|16-18 years old
Pitch sessions will be held at St Peters River Park (23 River Street, St Peters).
Gym and education sessions, plus any additional 1:1 physio, nutrition or psychology appointments will be held at our Stepney Healthcare Hub.
Conveniently located just 10 minutes from the Adelaide CBD, our recently refurbished state-of-the-art Stepney gym boasts:
- 25 metre track for transferring and applying dynamic skill, movement and physical development;
- The latest VALD technology for safe and efficient performance testing;
- Wide range of equipment including free weights, weight machines, sleds and TRXs;
- Pilates and open floor space for fundamental movement and strength programs;
- Off-feet conditioning area for targeted energy system development.