Written by sportsmed Exercise Physiologist, Brittany McEvoy
sportsmed Morphett Vale are now accepting Type 2 diabetes Medicare referrals for Exercise Physiology services. This referral includes a 1:1 initial consultation and eight weekly group sessions with an Exercise Physiologist.
Exercise for those with type 2 diabetes can:
- Improve glucose tolerance
- Increase insulin sensitivity
- Reduce HBA1C levels
- Reduce insulin requirements for those on insulin
- Improve CVD risk factors.
The eight week program includes:
- 1:1 initial consult with an Exercise Physiologist
- Relevant objective measures
- Individualised initial report sent to referring doctor
- Tailored, specific and evidence-based exercise programming
- Education, support and monitoring throughout
- Dedicated small group sessions with supervision from an Exercise Physiologist
- Optional blood glucose testing pre, during and/or post exercise session
- Average blood glucose reduction certificate provided at the end of the 8 weeks
- Final report and average blood glucose reduction sent to referring doctor
- Option for patients to continue exercise sessions after the 8 weeks.
We also offer specialised diabetic foot care Podiatry at our Morphett Vale clinic.
The eight week Type 2 diabetes exercise program is now available at our Morphett Vale clinic.
To find out more contact 08 8130 1110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.