Written by sportsmed Dietitian, Amanda Maiorano.
This month we focus on some hearty food to get us through the colder months courtesy of our sportsmed Dietitian, Amanda Maiorano.
Caramelised Pear Porridge Recipe
Serves 2 | Time: 15 minutes
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup milk of choice
1 cup water
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp of pepitas (or seed of choice)
2 tbsp of walnuts, chopped
1 ripe pear
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Remove core from pear and cut into thin slices.
- Place on baking dray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Toss to coat and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place oats, milk, water, mashed banana and remaining cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Once the pears are cooked, remove from oven and serve on top of porridge, along with the chopped walnuts, pepitas and a drizzle of honey.
Amanda Maiorano is available for dietitian consultations at our Stepney Healthcare Hub. For all appointments and enquiries with Amanda, contact 08 8362 8111.