Classes take place in a heated, indoor pool with the supervision of an experienced physiotherapist and patients receive individualised, specific exercises aimed at mobility, strength, flexibility and fitness depending on their injury and needs.
There is a strong focus on technique and patient programs are gradually progressed as they improve.
Benefits of hydrotherapy:
- Improves circulation
- Decrease pain and muscle spasm
- Increases or maintains joint ROM
- Improves muscle strength, timing, endurance
- Increases muscle flexibility
- Improves core stability
- Increases tactile, proprioceptive, vestibular, visual input
- Increases body awareness
- Improves aerobic capacity
- Improves DOMS
- Promotes relaxation
- Facilitates co contraction
- Allows graded WB and exercises
- Can be used in all stages of rehab
- Allows training of functional activities
- Increases cardiorespiratory fitness
- Provides socialisation and recreation
- Improves quality of life
- Is informal and fun
Located at Adelaide Hydrotherapy, 111A Welland Ave, Welland, classes are held Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays for approximately 40 minutes.
But…. don’t forget Mitcham sportsmed also has a SwimEx Hydrotherapy pool for those of you who would rather have` an individual session.